Manage These Risks
- Duties need to be separate. No one person should have authority to authorize transactions, approve checks, and maintain records
- Hire qualified people. Many small businesses tend to hire family members of people who do not have any financial background.
- Develop accounting procedures and review them regularly.
- Require everyone to take vacations.
- Complete background checks on all new employees.
Employee Dishonesty Insurance
Crime and employee dishonesty coverage, also known as fidelity insurance, is specifically designed to reimburse an employer for those types of losses. We can offer coverage for employee theft of money, securities, or property, written with a per loss limit, a per employee limit, or a per position limit. Employee dishonesty coverage is one of the key coverages provided in a commercial crime policy.The scope of coverage can vary from one insurer to another. What might be excluded in one policy could be included in another. It takes an expert to know the market and the experience to negotiate the best arrangement for an insurance buyer.